flooring › The Benefits of Wood Flooring
There are multiple benefits to having wooden flooring in your home. Here are some examples below as to why you should strongly consider it if you are still undecided or to confirm that you are making the right choice.
- Wooden floors are easy to clean & maintain. Carpets can harbour unpleasant odours from animals, cooking or things that have been spilled. A quick brush or vacuum and swish of a damp mop and the job is done. And cleaning up after muddy paws and children is a breeze!
- It also provides a fresh, healthy and clean environment for allergy suffers as anyone suffering with Asthma, Sinusitis, Rhinitis etc will tell you. There is simply nowhere for dust mites to build up and get stirred into the air, this makes for very easy breathing.
- Wood flooring has a timeless appeal that does not date while carpets & lino get shabby and fashion changes, wood is consistent. No awful patterns to date your home, a quick re-sand and oil and your floor look as good as the day you bought it.
- Another huge benefit is that wood flooring has been proven to increase the value of your home significantly. It can actually sell a house twice as fast as potential buyers find it easier to visualise their own style in the house and they don’t need to factor in the extra cost of ripping up and disposing of old carpets.
- Many types of wooden floors are compatible if you are considering installing underfloor heating in your home. Your sales person will be able to guide you in the right direction with this.
- Warm underfoot, wooden flooring is the more obvious choice than tiles when it comes to hygiene and outlives lino by decades.
- Wooden floors also outlive carpet by a long shot, while carpet gets old, stained, smelly & shabby and needs to be replaced on average every five years, the life of your hardwood floor keeps on going.
- It is the most ecological choice sourced from sustainable forests so we can look after our planet and keep it beautiful for generations to come.
In a nutshell, hardwood floors may cost slightly more initially but they are hugely cost-effective in the long run and come with undeniable benefits that you will reap the rewards for years to come.